Within the XP series, there are two general types of instruments. These are distinguished by whether they have four or six buttons on the front panel. Within either of those groups, there are several models. Be sure to use instructions for the appropriate group.
Four button ( -0- ,* , , I/O )
1. With pan empty , rezero by pressing -0- .
2. Press the * button for 3 seconds. The display will show "Unit".
3. Press and hold the * button until "CAL" show on the display .
4. Press the button. The display will show the required calibration weight .
Place that weight on the pan .
5. When the display flashes, the calibration has been accepted. Calibration complete.
Six button ( U , * , -O- , F , n / % , T )
1. While pressing the U button, power up the instrument .
Release the U button when CAL shows on the display .
2. Press the T button. A number between 2700 and 3300 should show. If not in that range, adjust the trimmer that is under the cover on the front left side. The trimmer has a "stopper" that must be removed prior to adjustment, and replaced afterwards .
3. Press the -O- button, the display will rezero. Place the calibration weight on the pan (weight from table below).
4. Press and hold the n / % button until the desired weight shows on the display, then release the button. Press n / % once more to select that weight .
5. Remove the test weight, then press -O- .
Weight Choices - 6 button models
XP-300 XP-600 XP-1500 XP-3000
100 200 500 1000
200 400 1000 2000
300 600 1500 3000